Dr. Carsten Böhm advises clients in international and national transactions in the fields of private equity, mergers and acquisitions (M&A), venture capital and all associated corporate law matters, including restructurings, limited partnership law and corporate governance, as well as with respect to general commercial law and near insolvency situations.
Carsten advises on all aspects relevant to a transaction, from the preparation and structuring of the transaction process to contractual negotiations, acquisition finance, management participation, closing of the transaction and post-closing restructurings. His clients include private equity houses, corporates and owners, as well as the management of corporates held by private equity houses and banks providing acquisition finance.
Additionally, Carsten is Managing Partner of McDermott’s office in Munich.
- Founders and existing shareholders of FotoFinder Systems GmbH on the sale of a majority stake in their company to EMZ Partners
- Ernst & Cie. on the acquisition of Spritzgussa Plastics, Spectrum, the mid-sized Schließmeyer Group and the mid-sized Mölle Group, including various acquisitions of the company’s real estate. Further, on the sale of Mölle to SOLIDUS Solutions, a portfolio company of Centerbridge Partners
- A consortium of family offices and high net worth individuals on the acquisition of a participation in a Health Care group
- The shareholders of BeXema, a leading manufacturer of high-voltage test equipment, HV emulators and inverters for batteries and fuel cells, on the sale to the Japanese Horiba Group
- The shareholders of ACTICO Group, a leading RegTech software provider offering intelligent decision automation, on the sale to Bregal Unternehmerkapital, including a significant re-investment
- Handelsblatt/Best Lawyers™ Germany 2023: Leading Lawyer for Corporate Law and Mergers and Acquisitions Law
- Handelsblatt/Best Lawyers™ Germany 2018-2022: Recommended for Corporate Law
- JUVE Handbuch Wirtschaftskanzleien 2022/2023: Recommended for M&A and Private Equity
- The Legal 500 Germany/EMEA 2022: Recommended for Private Equity