Anne Cox-Johnson - McDermott Will & Emery


Anne Cox-Johnson advises public and private companies in a variety of complex transactions, including acquisitions and divestitures, joint ventures, strategic investments, carve-outs, recapitalizations, going-private transactions and special committee representations. She represents clients in various industries, including food and beverage, technology, pharmaceuticals, restaurants, telecommunications, consumer products, healthcare, manufacturing, real estate and retail. Anne also represents private equity funds in control and non-control investment transactions and investment exit transactions.


  • Represented Bronya Shillo, All Night Long Inc. and All Night Long, LLC, in the sale of the Fishers Island Lemonade brand (a leader in the premium  ready-to-drink alcohol category) and related assets to E & J Gallo Winery
  • Represented Campari Group in its purchase of an initial 70% interest – with an option to acquire the remaining 30% interest – of the outstanding capital of Wilderness Trail Distillery, LLC
  • Represented The Coca-Cola Company in connection with the sale of certain US production facilities to Refresco
  • Represented The Coca-Cola Company in connection with its entry into a global relationship with Brown-Forman Corporation to bring Jack & Coke as a branded, ready-to-drink (RTD) pre-mixed cocktail to market
  • Represented The Coca-Cola Company in connection with its USD1.02 billion sale of its bottling operations in Vietnam and Cambodia to Swire Pacific Ltd.
  • Represented Anderson Holdings in the sale of its wholesale beverage distribution business in the US and British Virgin Islands to Clare Holdings LLC
  • Represented a private company in connection with a USD4 billion self-tender offer

Show More


  • Chambers USA, Corporate/M&A, 2024
  • The Best Lawyers in America, Leveraged Buyouts and Private Equity Law, 2023-2024
  • The Legal 500 US, Recommended, 2023
  • Georgia Diversity Council, Georgia’s Most Powerful and Influential Women, 2014


  • American Bar Association, member
  • Georgia Bar Association, member
  • New York State Bar Association, member


Vanderbilt University, JD, Order of the Coif, 1995
University of Tennessee, BA, 1991

New York