Jake Jumbeck is an associate in the Chicago office and a member of the Firm’s Business Restructuring Practice Group. Jake’s practice focuses on financial restructuring and other insolvency related matters. He has represented secured and unsecured creditors, debtors and other parties in interest across various industries and in connection with in-court and out-of-court restructurings.
Jake also has significant experience representing private credit funds, financial institutions, public and private companies and private equity sponsors in connection with leveraged buyouts, unitranche financings, first lien/second lien transactions and refinancings.
Jake graduated from Emory University School of Law, with honors, where he served as the Editor-in-Chief of the Emory Bankruptcy Developments Journal. He was also a member of the W. Homer Drake, Jr. Georgia Bankruptcy American Inn of Court and a board member of the Bankruptcy Law Society.
- Represented KKR Credit Advisors as prepetition lender, DIP lender and joint-venture purchaser of certain assets of Sequential Brands Group, Inc. in connection with Sequential’s chapter 11 cases*
- Represented an ad hoc group of first lien and second lien term loan lenders in connection with the out-of-court restructuring of The IMAGINE Group*
- Represented KKR Credit Advisors as prepetition lender and joint-venture purchaser of substantially all the assets of Borden Dairy Company in connection with Borden’s chapter 11 cases*
- Represented an ad hoc group of minority term loan lenders and debtor-in-possession lenders in connection with the chapter 11 cases of Ascena Retail Group, Inc. in the Eastern District of Virginia*
- Represented Luminus Management as last-out lender in the chapter 11 cases of Celadon Group, Inc. and in connection with the purchase of certain assets of Taylor Express, Inc. from the Celadon bankruptcy estates*
- Represented the operator of a 150-mile groundwater pipeline in the bankruptcy cases of Metropolitan Water Company, L.P. and its affiliate*
*Matter handled prior to joining McDermott.
Emory University School of Law, JD, with honors, 2017
Marquette University, BA, summa cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa, 2014
US District Court for the Northern District of Illinois