Jonathan (Jon) Henry focuses his practice on litigation and represents clients in high-stakes complex civil litigation, government investigations, and enforcement proceedings as well as high exposure product liability cases. Jon has deep experience representing accounting firms and their professionals in matters before the Securities and Exchange Commission, the Public Company Accounting Oversight Board, US Department of Justice, bankruptcy trustees, and state agencies, as well as in parallel civil litigation. He has also successfully defended clients in the oil and gas, consumer products, and financial services industries.
Jon has significant trial experience, including having served as a first chair trial attorney on five bench trials and a second chair trial attorney on two jury trials as well as having served on numerous other trial teams.
Jon maintains an active pro bono practice focusing on landlord tenant and family law.
- Defended a Big Four accounting firm against a $1.2 billion malpractice lawsuit brought by the Florida Department of Financial Services as the receiver of three Florida insurance companies*
- Served as second chair trial counsel on behalf of a consumer products manufacturer in several multi-week product liability cases in the State of Florida*
- Served as first chair trial attorney in several cases stemming from the Equifax data breach*
- Represented a Big Four accounting firm during a pre-suit investigation by the bankruptcy trustee of the firm’s former audit client, a large financial services institution*
- Represented a Big Four firm in parallel investigations by the DOJ and SEC*
- Represented a Big Four firm in multiple matters stemming from the audits of two Florida health insurance companies that were ultimately placed into receivership by the Florida Department of Financial Services*
- Represented a pro bono client in a four-day trial conducted in the Domestic Relations Branch of the DC Superior Court*
*Matter handled prior to joining McDermott
University of Virginia, JD, 2010
University of Virginia, BA, with distinction, 2007
District of Columbia
US District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
US District Court for the Western District of Virginia