Stephania C. Sanon focuses her practice on employment and labor law matters, with particular experience in conducting due diligence in M&A transactions, defending single-plaintiff, class and collective actions and drafting personnel policies. She regularly advises clients on a broad range of employment law issues such as terminations, exempt/non-exempt classifications, reductions in force, affirmative action compliance, sexual harassment complaints, disability accommodations and leave management.
Stephania drafts employee handbooks and employment policies, and develops training materials for management and employees. She also counsels clients on workplace law issues such as enforceability of restrictive covenants and reductions in force.
Stephania served as a judicial law clerk for the Honorable Larry D. Martin in New York State Supreme Court, Kings County, Civil Term, and as an intern for the Honorable Patty Shwartz, US Magistrate Judge. While in law school, she was a contributor to the Florida State University Business Review.
- Secured dismissals of various charges of discrimination, harassment and retaliation filed against clients at the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, New York State Division of Human Rights and New York City Commission on Human Rights
- Successfully defended national company in audit proceedings before the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP), resulting in no violations
- Defended numerous clients against website accessibility claims under the Americans with Disabilities Act and correlating state and local statutes
- Defended client in audit of compliance with New York City Earned Sick Time Act (ESTA) resulting in a resolution consisting of minimal violations and reduced fine
- Defended client against transgender discrimination charge in administrative proceedings resulting in successful resolution
- The Best Lawyers in America, “Ones to Watch” in Labor and Employment Law – Management, 2023
- New York City Bar Association
- Metropolitan Black Bar Association
Florida State University, JD, 2010
Cornell University, BA, 2007
United States Tax Court
US District Court for the Eastern District of New York
US District Court for the Southern District of New York