Dr. Benedikt Schulz advises companies, managing directors, shareholders, insolvency administrators, investors, and creditors on restructuring and insolvency law as well as corporate law.
This includes all aspects of both out-of-court restructuring transactions, including corporate reorganization and financial restructuring, as well as insolvency proceedings, in particular self-administration, protective shield and insolvency plan proceedings. Benedikt Schulz has extensive knowledge in the field of managing directors‘ duties and liability in the business crisis and in self-administration proceedings.
Another focus of his practice is advising sellers and investors on national and international corporate transactions / (distressed) M&A and general corporate law advice.
- Galeria Karstadt Kaufhof on the protective shielding proceedings
- Borgers Group on the operative restructuring and refinancing
- A publicly listed e-commerce company on the operative restructuring and refinancing
- The investor on its purchase of a store portfolio from an insolvent retailer
- Handelsblatt/Best Lawyers™ Germany 2023: Ones to Watch for Corporate Law
University of Münster, Dr. jur., 2017
Higher Regional Court of Düsseldorf, Second State Exam, 2017
University of Münster, First State Exam, 2010