Agata Todarello has significant experience in debt and equity transactions, working with domestic and international banks, corporations, financial institutions and investment funds on financing transactions, debt restructuring, acquisitions and disposals of portfolios of non-performing loans and assets, in bankruptcy proceedings, as well as extraordinary corporate transactions (mergers and acquisitions) and market transactions (listings, placements of financial instruments, public M&A – OPAs and OPAS).
She also advises companies (large or medium-sized, listed or unlisted, and family-owned companies) on a continuous basis in all phases of their business activity, with a particular focus on the organisation of corporate structures and the definition of all aspects of corporate governance and, in relation to regulated companies, compliance issues, as well as the definition of commercial contracts.
Agata is also regularly involved in pro bono initiatives, working with non-profit organisations on legal issues, community service events and social impact projects.
- Provided assistance to a banking institution in connection with a medium- to long-term loan granted to a closed-end real estate fund reserved for qualified investors (including Cassa Depositi e Prestiti S.p.A. and the Lombardy Region) investing in social housing, university housing and urban redevelopment in the territory of the Lombardy Region – through a loan granted, in turn, by the European Investment Bank as part of its policy of supporting projects aimed at achieving EU objectives, including those designed to mitigate climate change
- Assisted a US investment fund in connection with the acquisition of assets en bloc, including a portfolio of receivables to be subsequently securitised with underlying commercial relationships and contract reserves, in the context of an arrangement with creditors
- Assisted a real estate investment and advisory company in connection with the acquisition of a portfolio of loans with underlying real estate assets and business relationships
- Assisted a US investment fund in connection with the acquisition of a portfolio of loans, which were subsequently securitised with underlying tender reserves
- Provided assistance to a banking institution in connection with a medium- to long-term mortgage loan for a sub-fund of an alternative real estate investment fund reserved for multiple sub-funds, intended to support part of the financial requirements connected with the completion of a programme for the acquisition of certain real estate properties intended for large-scale distribution
- Provided assistance to a leading operator in the European market of the “beauty and lifestyle” sector in the corporate restructuring project, implemented, inter alia, through the reorganisation of the Italian shops
- Assisting a leading automation and mechatronics distributor, controlled by a North American company, in acquiring 100% of the capital of a company active in the distribution of automation components
- Provided assistance to financial intermediaries, participated by a US fund and active in the valuation, acquisition and management of non-performing loans and in the secured finance market, with a particular focus on salary-backed loans, in connection with a corporate reorganisation operation
- Provided assistance to an independent French group, active in the creation of content for television and multimedia programming and in the international distribution of television content, with respect to the establishment of an Italian joint venture for the creation and production of formats, audiovisual content and entertainment programmes for television and interactive media
- Provided assistance to a company active in the Italian distressed assets market, with reference to the acquisition of a majority shareholding in the capital of a company listed on the Mercato Telematico Azionario organised and managed by Borsa Italiana and in the consequent total takeover bid
- Assisting one of the global supermajors in the Oil & Gas sector in the sale of its controlling interest in a leading company in the transportation, storage and regasification of natural gas to a major Italian financial institution controlled by the Ministry of Economy and Finance
- The Legal 500 EMEA, 2021
Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore of Milan, JD, 1998
Locri Bar, 2003
Italian Supreme Jurisdiction (Albo Cassazionisti), 2015