Jeremy White represents a wide range of clients in complex litigation matters in the wage and hour, employment discrimination and public accommodation areas.
Jeremy has specific experience in collective and class actions under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Equal Pay Act (EPA), the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) and other federal and state statutes concerning employment-related claims. He has defended employers before federal, state and local agencies, courts and courts of appeals.
Jeremy counsels employers on a full spectrum of workplace issues, including personnel policies and practices, employee classifications, separations, terminations and layoffs, performance management, internal complaints and investigations, restrictive covenants and dispute resolution measures.
Jeremy also has experience defending companies against lawsuits brought under Title III of the ADA, California’s Unruh Civil Rights Act, the Florida Civil Rights Act, New York State Civil Rights Law and other similar state laws. These matters have involved a broad range of accessibility issues, including but not limited to architectural barriers, mobility devices, websites, service animals and communication technologies.
Jeremy maintains an active pro bono practice, and has represented clients, including disability rights organizations, in various matters.
- Represented multinational mass media and entertainment conglomerate and prevailed on summary judgment under Title III of the ADA and California’s Unruh Act in multiple cases before California and Florida federal courts
- Represented Fortune 100 company and successfully obtained dismissal of a former employee’s age and disability discrimination claims under state and federal law
- Represented media and entertainment company and prevailed in a bench trial involving claims under Title III of the ADA
- Represented eye care device company in a race and national origin discrimination matter and secured a defense verdict after a two-week jury trial
- Represented national chain of retail stores and defeated a collective action seeking off-the-clock wages under the FLSA
- Represented pharmaceutical company and successfully obtained the district court’s grant of summary judgment of plaintiffs’ wage and hour claims
- Represented life sciences company and successfully defeated class certification of a frequency-of-pay lawsuit
- Represented entertainment company and prevailed in an ALJ hearing involving disability access claims under the Florida Civil Rights Act
- Represented leading cosmetics and skin care company and achieved dismissal of several employment discrimination complaints filed with state administrative agencies
Washington University School of Law, JD, 2002
Washington University in St. Louis, BSBA, 1999
District of Columbia
Courts / Agencies
US Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
US Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit
US Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
US Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
US Court of Federal Claims
US District Court for the District of Maryland
US District Court for the District of Columbia