Scott M. Williams focuses his practice on mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, restructurings and general corporate representation.
Scott has extensive experience directing and structuring legal transactions on behalf of private equity funds, family offices and public and private corporations. He also provides continuing legal advice in the areas of commercial contracts and corporate governance, serving as outside general counsel to a number of the Firm’s corporate clients, ranging from start-up ventures to publicly held corporations.
Recently, Scott has represented buyers and sellers in transactions involving businesses with enterprise values ranging from less than $100 million to greater than $1 billion, including the following:
- Represented Millard Refrigerated Services, Inc., a leading temperature-controlled warehousing and logistics company, in its sale to Lineage Logistics, LLC
- Represented Levy Acquisition Corp. (NASDAQ: TACO) in connection with its acquisition of Del Taco Holdings, Inc.
- Represented Affirmative Insurance Holdings, Inc., a leading distributor and producer of non-standard personal automobile insurance policies, in the disposition of its retail businesses to Confie Seguros in two transactions
- Represented Link Snacks, Inc., the maker of Jack Link’s Beef Jerky, in its acquisition of Unilever PLC’s BiFi and Peperami brands, a leading European meat snacks business
- Represented Glencoe Capital, LLC, a Chicago-based private equity fund, in purchases and sales of numerous portfolio companies
- Represented Barnes Group Inc., an international industrial and aerospace manufacturer and service provider, in the acquisition of Thermoplay S.p.A.
- Represented Levy Restaurants, Inc., a subsidiary of Compass Group plc, in multiple foodservice industry acquisitions
- Represented various family offices in general corporate matters and transactions
- The Legal 500 2010, 2011 and 2013
- University of Wisconsin
- Youth baseball coach
University of Wisconsin Law School, JD, with honors, Order of the Coif, 1988
University of Wisconsin – Madison, BA, with high honors, 1985