Control Your Own Headlines
In today’s high-stakes environment, in-house counsel and HR professionals are often on the frontlines, responding to headlines that threaten business and reputational objectives.
Join McDermott Will & Emery’s Employment and Employee Benefits practice groups at a half-day forum in our Chicago office. This forward-looking program is designed to drive conversation around emerging trends to help employers craft their own narrative, instead of being held captive by it.
Key areas of focus will include:
The heightened risk of class action litigation concerning the workplace and workforce
- The launch of attacks on retirement and health plans
- The rise in biometric data actions in Illinois
- Plaintiffs’ continued pursuit of the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) claims on employers
- Recent developments in Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) defense
An encompassing approach to diversity challenges and opportunities
- Closing the pay gap: compensation best practices
- Unconscious bias: creating a culture of compliance and awareness
- Transgender employees: state of the discrimination law, model workplace practices and employee benefits trends
The evolution of workforce management in the age of the millennial
- The student loan crisis from a competitive benefits perspective
- The dangers of AI in recruitment practices
- Evolving mandates around marijuana in the workplace, including healthcare coverage laws
We hope to see you October 10.
STAY AHEAD OF THE CURVE
Interested in receiving articles on similar topics as they are published? Subscribe for timely email updates or contact us to discuss more…