International law firm McDermott Will & Emery represented Chicago Pacific Founders (CPF), a strategic private equity firm with a focus exclusively on healthcare services, in connection with the recapitalization of its portfolio company Pinnacle Dermatology Management by Boston-based private investment firm BayPine LP. Pinnacle is the largest multi-state female-founded dermatology management services organization in the U.S. with 87 clinical locations across 11 states. The transaction is subject to customary closing conditions and regulatory approvals, and is expected to be completed during the fourth quarter of 2021.
- The transaction was announced on October 29, 2021.
- McDermott Will & Emery served as legal counsel to CPF and Pinnacle throughout the life cycle of CPF’s investment in Pinnacle.
- CPF is Pinnacle’s current financial sponsor and will roll over a portion of its ownership in Pinnacle post-closing.
- The McDermott team was led by Kristian Werling, William Hutchens and Nora Klein, along with Monica Wallace, Ahn Lee and Jordan Wampler.
- Read the full press release here.
McDermott’s private equity practice is among the top four most active PE law firms globally and in the US with more than 160 dedicated private equity lawyers in 21 offices around the world. In addition to being Pitchbook’s top Healthcare PE firm for a fourth consecutive year and fifth in both IT and financial services private equity, we were named Energy & Industrials Law Firm of the Year (Large Cap) by The Deal, Top 10 in PE Buyouts by MergerMarket and Top 10 in US Mid-Market by Bloomberg. Learn more about our PE practice by visiting mwe.com/pe.
McDermott Will & Emery partners with leaders around the world to fuel missions, knock down barriers and shape markets. Our team works seamlessly across practices, industries and more than 20 locations to deliver highly effective—and often unexpected—solutions that propel success. More than 1,200 lawyers strong, we bring our personal passion and legal prowess to bear in every matter for our clients and the people they serve.
Kerri Chace+1 617 535 4145