David Guedry is nationally recognized for more than 25 years of leadership advising global service providers and Fortune 1000 companies on complex sourcing relationships, including assisting with developing legal, operational and business strategies, and translating strategy into the practical negotiation and documentation of deals.
David’s experience includes managing the complexities of information technology (IT) and telecommunication outsourcing agreements, business process outsourcing arrangements (with an emphasis on HR and finance and accounting (F&A) outsourcing), distribution relationships, licensing arrangements, and joint ventures, strategic alliances and teaming relationship. He also assists clients in turning unprofitable, troubled relationships into profitable, referable accounts by guiding the client through the process of identifying, developing and successfully implementing turnaround solutions.
Although David’s primary emphasis is on working with technology businesses, clients in a wide range of other sectors look to him for guidance. He has handled billions of dollars of outsourcing and other arrangements for leading providers. He represents large multinational retailers, manufacturers, airlines and other service companies in their contractual relationships with technology and business process services providers. David similarly advised a Big Four accounting firm in the structuring of a global delivery model for a new outsourcing services offering.
- Represented a global information technology outsourcing (ITO) services provider in many of its largest transactions, including structuring a multibillion-dollar IT outsourcing transaction with a multinational consumer packaged goods company, and similar arrangements with companies in the financial services, insurance, transportation and energy industries
- Represented HCL Technologies Limited in connection with its competitive pursuit of an IT services relationship with a multi-state southeastern-US utility company; HCL won the competitive pursuit and our representation continued through structuring the overall relationship, including developing a successful pricing strategy
- Represented Xerox Corporation in connection with structuring its overall services relationships with Cognizant, a primary provider of application development and maintenance (ADM) services to Xerox; this representation included working closely with Xerox and its third-party advisor, Everest Group, to develop a unique and complex pricing algorithm for the relationship with Cognizant
- Represented Xerox Corporation when it sold its IT outsourcing business to Atos SE; the work for Xerox required the development of multiple master services agreements and transition services agreements to cover a complex set of services that Xerox and Atos would provider to each other over a multi-year period
- Represented Dean Goods Company in working with its third-party technology advisor, ISG, in developing and conducting its competitive procurement process for IT and related services; our representation continued through successful negotiations with the successful provider
- Represented a multi-state utility company located in the northeastern United States in a competitive procurement process for IT and ADM outsourced services; the process resulted in a multi-vendor award, which required the development and successful negotiation of full-scale ITO agreements with multiple vendors in a very short time frame
- The Best Lawyers in America, 2006 – 2023, Information Technology Law and IT Outsourcing Law
- The Best Lawyers in America 2018, Information Technology Law “Lawyer of the Year” in Dallas, Texas
- The Best Lawyers in America 2017, IT Outsourcing Law “Lawyer of the Year” in Dallas, Texas
- The Best Lawyers in America 2012, Information Technology Law Lawyer of the Year, Dallas, Texas
- Chambers Global 2007 – 2020, Band 1 Globally for Outsourcing
- Chambers USA 2005 – 2022, Band 1 Nationwide for Outsourcing and Texas for Technology: Outsourcing
- The Legal 500 United States 2019 – 2022, Hall of Fame
- Acritas Stars 2019 – 2020, listed among independently rated lawyers
- Second Thought Theatre, board of directors – president 2012 to present
University of San Diego School of Law, JD, 1986
University of Nevada, Las Vegas, BS, 1982