Dr. Thomas Hauss advises companies and entrepreneurs on drafting, negotiation, implementation, and enforcement of commercial law agreements for almost 30 years.
Thomas represents clients both in court and in out-of-court dispute resolution in national and international commercial disputes. He is known for successful and fast results in arbitration, dispute resolution and mediation proceedings.
Within his extensive commercial dispute resolution practice, he focuses on D&O disputes, post-M&A disputes, conflicts arising from insolvencies as well as distribution and commercial real estate agreements.
His client base covers a wide range, including the advertising, automotive and capital goods industry, the real estate and financial sectors as well as HNWIs and family offices.
Thomas is a founding partner of the Düsseldorf office and heads the firm’s Commercial Agreements and Dispute Resolution departments as well as its Legal Technology activities.
- A European holding company on the defense of a post-M&A claim for damages for alleged infringement of warranties
- The chairman of the supervisory board of an international consumer goods group on the successful defense of claims for damages following an international divestment
- The CEO of an international capital goods group on the successful defense of claims for damages following a failed expansion project in Canada
- A global automotive supplier on all major international commercial contracts
- Several major European real estate investment funds on all ongoing disputes with commercial tenants and third parties
- Handelsblatt/Best Lawyers™ Deutschland 2020-2023: One of the leading lawyers for Litigation
- JUVE Handbuch Wirtschaftskanzleien 2022/2023: Recommended for Dispute Resolution (“tough but fair”, competitor)
- The Legal 500 EMEA/Germany 2016-2022: Recommended Arbitration
- German Institution of Arbitration (DIS)
University of Cologne, Dr. jur. utr., 1993
Higher Regional Court of Düsseldorf, Second State Exam, 1993
University of Bonn, Graduate School on EU and International Commercial Law, 1992
University of Cologne, First State Exam, 1990