Elle Hayes focuses her practice on renewable energy transactions and general corporate matters. She represents clients on tax equity and project finance transactions. She also represents private equity sponsors and private companies in general corporate matters, particularly mergers and acquisitions. Elle represents clients and investors across a variety of industries, including renewable energy, healthcare and technology.
While in law school, Elle was assistant communications editor for the Journal of Technology Law & Policy. She also served as a student volunteer coordinator with Southern Legal Counsel, where she organized events to assist homeless and low-income individuals obtain legal advice, and interned with Chief Judge Joseph Farina of the Eleventh Judicial Circuit Court of Florida.
- Represented Doral Renewables and its affiliated companies in a series of complex and layered financing transactions aggregating $685 million for the development, construction and operation of the 400MW Mammoth North solar project located in Starke County, Indiana, the first of three phases of what will become the 1.3GW Mammoth Solar Farm, the largest integrated photovoltaic solar electricity generating facility in the US
- Represented Comvest Partners and its portfolio company Lasko in its acquisition of Intertex, Inc., dba B-Air, a leading provider of air movers, dehumidifiers, air scrubbers, inflatable blowers and complementary products
- Represented H.I.G. Capital, LLC and its portfolio company Lipari Foods in the acquisition of Troyer Cheese, Inc., Troyer Bros. Trucking, Ltd. and Amish Wedding Foods, Inc., a specialty food distributor, manufacturer and processor
- Represented lenders in connection with the term loan financing of utility scale solar land projects in Arizona, California and Massachusetts
- Represented project developer in connection with the tax equity financing of a wind project in Ohio
- Represented lenders in connection with the construction, bridge and term loan financing of utility scale solar photovoltaic project in North Carolina
- The National Black Lawyers Top 40 Under 40 – Florida (2020)
- Elle Hayes Foundation for Women and Children, Founder
- Susan B. Anthony Recovery Center for Women
- YWCA Miami Influencers, Member
University of Florida Levin College of Law, JD, cum laude, 2017
University of Central Florida, BA, magna cum laude, 2014
District of Columbia