Dr. Heiko Kermer advises clients on domestic and cross-border tax issues in particular in connection with real estate and corporate mergers and acquisitions. He has experience with internal investigations, compliance and in the private equity sector and is a certified German tax advisor.
Prior to joining the McDermott, Heiko worked for several years in the Frankfurt tax group of an international law firm.
- VR Equitypartner and Süd Beteiligungen on the sale of the majority stake in DUO PLAST Holding
- The owners of Elmotec Group on the sale of their shares to Schaeffler Technologies
- The sellers of beauty and health company KBL to Deutsche Industry Holding
- Hauck & Aufhäuser Privatbankiers/private bankers and MainFirst Bank at flotation of STS Group
- SIGNA Retail on its acquisition of the majority stakeholding in Tennis-Point
- Süd Beteiligungen on the sale of DBW Advanced Fiber Technologies Gruppe
- The shareholders of Optimol Instruments Prüftechnik on the sale of the company
- TRIUVA Kapitalverwaltungsgesellschaft on its acquisition of the “Shell-Haus” in Berlin
- IVG Institutional Funds (now TRIUVA Kapitalverwaltungsgesellschaft) on its acquisition of the Eurotower building in Frankfurt (seat of the ECB)
- J.P. Morgan on the financing of the purchase of non-performing loans from a German state bank
- Handelsblatt/Best Lawyers™ Germany 2022-2023: Leading Lawyer for Tax Law