Sandra McGill focuses her practice on international tax planning. Sandra works with US and non-US multinational companies, public and private as well as high net worth individuals and family businesses. Sandra has extensive experience advising clients on a broad range of cross-border tax issues, including the following:
- Foreign tax credit planning
- Subpart F and PFIC anti-deferral rules
- Source of income and withholding tax issues and compliance, including obtaining Treaty relief
- Foreign currency recognition rules under Sections 985-989
- US trade or business or local country permanent establishment (PE) issues
- Section 367 and other subchapter C issues related to cross-border restructurings, acquisitions and financings, including issues with respect to intellectual property
Sandra works with an extensive network of non-US lawyers on developing multi-jurisdictional business structures such as centralized sales and services and finance company structures.
Sandra is a co-founder of Tax in the City®: A Women’s Tax Roundtable, which consists of women tax professionals who meet regularly to discuss substantive tax issues in a confidential setting. Currently, Tax in the City meetings are held regularly in Chicago and New York.
- The Legal 500, International Tax
- Women in Tax Leaders, International Tax Review, 2016 to 2020
- Member of Chicago Finance Exchange
- Founding member of Tax in the City: A Women’s Tax Roundtable
University of Michigan Law School, JD, 1990
University of Kansas, BS, magna cum laude, 1987