Renate Prinz advises national and foreign investment companies, and credit and financial services institutions on all aspects of German and European financial supervisory law. She focuses her practice on corporate law, national and international mergers and acquisitions (M&A), and corporate reorganizations, particularly in the context of domestic and cross-border conversion measures. She also advises at the interface with financial regulatory aspects, especially in connection with corporate transactions and/or licensing issues.
Furthermore, she has extensive experience in acting for clients in the industrial, retail, and public sectors.
Renate publishes in corporate and financial supervisory law on a regular basis.
Prior to joining McDermott, she worked at another leading international law firm in the fields of corporate/M&A and financial regulation.
- A DAX40 company on financial regulatory matters
- Giropay on financial regulatory matters in connection with the sale of giropay to paydirekt
- GALERIA Karstadt Kaufhof on corporate legal issues in the protective shielding procedure
- GALERIA Kaufhof GmbH and Karstadt Warenhaus GmbH in its merger (today: GALERIA Karstadt Kaufhof GmbH)
- A company producing special industrial products for the aerospace industry on its sale
- German Association of Female Lawyers
- Frauen in die Aufsichtsräte (FidAR) e.V.
- Working Moms Düsseldorf e.V. (Chairwoman)
Higher Regional Court Cologne, Second State Exam, 2012
University of Münster, First State Exam, 2009
University of Münster, FFA, French Law, 2006