LONDON – McDermott Will & Emery’s London office achieved strong results in the Legal 500 UK 2018/2019 edition and received recognition across 10 practice areas, including two new rankings in health care and oil & gas. The 2018/2019 results reflect McDermott’s strengths in key areas in which clients rely on the Firm’s London office to tackle increasingly complex issues, such as mid-market M&A, health, private equity, private client and energy and natural resources.
The Legal 500 lauded McDermott’s Tier 1 mid-market M&A practice, noting its “very high quality, with an exceptional price to performance ratio,” while the Firm’s Private Equity practice maintained its Tier 2 ranking for mid-market transactions.
McDermott’s health practice was listed for the first time, bolstering the Firm’s reputation as a truly global health care law powerhouse. The London office also received a new ranking in Projects, Energy and Natural Resources: Oil & Gas, recognizing the deep experience the team has developed working on financing and business restructuring transactions.
The Private Client team maintained its position as Tier 2 in Contentious Trusts and Probate and Personal Tax, Trusts and Probate, with McDermott lawyers being described as “knowledgeable and pragmatic“ and having “exceptional knowledge of trusts issues and skill at handling complicated cross-border disputes.“
The results also include the recognition of 22 lawyers, including a boost of 10 new individual lawyer recommendations. The McDermott team members were praised for delivering high-quality service, and in particular for their “superb level of knowledge,” “sensible and pragmatic approach” and “to the point advice.”
Individual recognitions include:
- David Birchall: Finance – Commodities – physicals
- Nick Holland: Private Client – Contentious trusts and probate
- Ziva Robertson: Private Client – Contentious trusts and probate
- Piero Carbone – Corporate and Commercial: Private Equity: mid cap*
- Katie Clark: Human Resources – Employment: Employers
- Peter Crichton – Corporate and Commercial: M&A – mid-market*
- Mark Davis: Corporate and Commercial: Private Equity: Transactions: mid cap
- Simon Gibb: Private Client – Personal tax, trusts and probate*
- Simon Goldring: Private Client – Personal tax, trusts and probate*
- Shashank Krishna: Projects, Energy and Natural Resources – Power
- Sharon Lamb – Public Law: Health care*
- Stuart Mathews: Corporate and Commercial: M&A – mid-market
- Paul McGrath: Human resources – Employment: Employers
- Lynsey McIntyre – Private Client – Contentious trusts and probate*
- Elisabeth Moseley – Projects, Energy and Natural Resources: Oil & Gas*
- Lisa O’Neill – Projects, Energy and Natural Resources: Oil & Gas*
- Astrid Owen: Private Client – Personal tax, trusts and probate
- James Ross: Corporate and Commercial: Corporate Tax
- Rupert Weber: Corporate and Commercial: M&A – mid-market
- Eleanor West: Corporate and Commercial: M&A: mid-market/Private Equity: mid cap
- Hamid Yunis – Public Law: Health care*
- Linda Zeman – Corporate and Commercial: Private Equity: mid cap*
* Indicates a lawyer recommended for the first time this year
To view all results follow this link to Legal 500 UK 2018/2019
About Legal 500 UK
The Legal 500 Series is widely acknowledged as the world’s largest legal referral guide. More than 250,000 corporate counsel are surveyed and interviewed globally each year. The Legal 500 is an independent guide, and firms and individuals are recommended purely on merit. It is the only guide to truly reflect the needs of corporate counsel by focusing on the strength in depth of the teams (practice and associates) rather than simply list individual partners.
McDermott Will & Emery is a premier international law firm with a diversified business practice. Numbering more than 1,000 lawyers, we have offices in Boston, Brussels, Chicago, Dallas, Düsseldorf, Frankfurt, Houston, London, Los Angeles, Miami, Milan, Munich, New York, Orange County, Paris, San Francisco, Seoul, Silicon Valley and Washington, DC. Further extending our reach into Asia, we have a strategic alliance with MWE China Law Offices in Shanghai.
Emilia Byrne+44 20 7570 1424