International law firm McDermott Will & Emery is delighted to announce its recognitions in the 2023 edition of The Best Lawyers in America© with 214 lawyers named in over 50 practice areas. The Firm is among the top 25 law firms in the United States with the most lawyers recognized and has the most lawyers mentioned for Health Care Law.
McDermott’s Boston office received rankings for 20 lawyers in 16 practice recognitions as well as three lawyers receiving special recognitions: Sarah Walters as a Lawyer of the Year and Patrick Healy and Joseph Parise as One’s to Watch in the Health Care Law practice area.
Criminal Defense: White-Collar
- Robert J. Cordy – Also recognized in Appellate Practice
- Mark W. Pearlstein – Also recognized in Bet-the-Company Litigation, Commercial Litigation and Litigation – Health Care
- Sarah E. Walters – Also recognized in Litigation – Securities
McDermott also had 16 Boston attorneys in 12 practice areas featured in the Best Lawyers Rankings. Those include:
- Stephen W. Bernstein – Health Care Law
- Charles R. Buck – Health Care Law
- Richard C. Call – Tax Law
- Jenny Chen – Patent Law
- Sarah Chapin Columbia – Biotechnology and Life Sciences Practice, Litigation – Intellectual Property and Litigation – Patent
- Jed Gordon – Patent Law
- Christopher M. Jedrey – Health Care Law and Nonprofit/Charities Law
- Sarah J. Kitchell – Health Care Law
- Andrew C. Liazos – Employee Benefits (ERISA) Law
- Laura McLane – Health Care Law and Litigation – Health Care
- Dana McSherry – Health Care Law
- Mark E. Schreiber – Privacy and Data Security Law and Employment Law – Individuals
- Jerome B. Tichner – Health Care Law
- Rebecca Waltuch – Health Care Law
- Edward Zacharias – Health Care Law
To view the full The Best Lawyers in America® 2023 rankings list here.
About Best Lawyers
Best Lawyers is the oldest and most respected peer review publication in the legal profession. Recognition is widely regarded by both clients and legal professionals as an honor, conferred on a lawyer by their peers. For more than 30 years, the publication has earned the respect as a reliable, unbiased source of legal referrals. Lists are compiled by conducting peer review surveys in which tens of thousands of leading lawyers confidentially evaluate their professional peers. If the votes for an attorney are positive enough for recognition that attorney must maintain those votes in subsequent polls to remain in each edition. Lawyers are not permitted to pay any fee to participate in or be recognized.
McDermott Will & Emery partners with leaders around the world to fuel missions, knock down barriers and shape markets. Our team works seamlessly across practices and industries to deliver highly effective solutions that propel success. More than 1,200 lawyers strong, we bring our personal passion and legal prowess to bear in every matter for our clients and the people they serve.
Kerri Chace+1 617 535 4145