Focused on compliance, transactions and sector-specific counseling, Amanda Enyeart works with her clients to deploy digital health technology in compliance with a wide range of health law regulations. She is particularly concentrated on telehealth, fraud and abuse, information technology, data strategies and digital health matters. She provides counsel on all aspects of telehealth and other healthcare delivery modalities, advising on the complex patchwork of state-by-state regulatory issues, including practitioner licensure, Medicare and Medicaid reimbursement, compliance with the federal Stark Law and Anti-Kickback Statute, and state fraud and abuse laws.
Amanda advises healthcare industry clients, including hospitals and health systems, digital health companies, telehealth providers and retail health clinics, on all aspects of software licenses, as well as other agreements, for the acquisition of electronic health record (EHR) systems and other mission critical health information technology. Amanda also counsels healthcare clients, including covered entities and business associates, regarding compliance with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) and other federal and state privacy, security and breach notification laws.
On the transactional front, Amanda is a valuable resource to companies as they structure business deals and negotiate technology agreements. She is experienced acting on behalf of both technology providers and the healthcare organizations that are their customers. She also conducts specialized due diligence in various health industry areas, including hospitals and health systems, and digital health companies and telehealth companies. In addition, Amanda also regularly acts as counsel in healthcare IT transactional matters concerning telehealth and other mission-critical health information and data-centered technologies.
- Advised clients on corporate structure for multi-state telehealth practices under state and federal law.
- Represented physician groups, retail health clinics, hospitals and health systems in the acquisition of EHR systems and related services from leading health IT vendors.
- Developed comprehensive health information and security compliance programs for business associates and covered entity clients.
- Drafted and negotiated technology agreements for both technology providers and customers.
- Analyzed the application of state law requirements on the multi-state practice of various healthcare professions, including those delivered by telehealth modalities, to assist clients with structuring business deals.
- Conducted diligence reviews in various health industry areas, including hospitals and health systems, digital health companies, telehealth companies, and specialty health practices, including radiology, therapy, dental and gastroenterology practices.
- American Health Law Association, Health IT Practice Group, vice chair of publications, 2020 to present
- American Health Law Association, Health IT Practice Group, vice chair of membership, 2018 to 2020
- American Health Law Association, Digital Health Affinity Group, chair, 2017 to 2018
- American Health Law Association, Emerging Uses of Information Affinity Group, co-chair, 2015 to 2017
- Chicago Bar Association, Health Law Committee, chair, 2017 to 2018
- Chicago Bar Association, Health Law Committee, vice chair, 2016 to 2017
- Illinois Association of Healthcare Attorneys
Northwestern University School of Law, JD, cum laude, 2010
Syracuse University, MLS, 1999
University of Colorado, BA, 1994