Dr. Thomas Gennert advises national and international companies on all aspects of individual and collective employment law as well as on Corporate Governance matters and compliance-related questions.
He advises executive boards, managing directors, supervisory boards, and other corporate bodies on the preparation of compensation systems, the negotiation of service and termination agreements, on liability issues, and in the area of corporate co-determination.
Thomas is working in the context of internal investigations and on employee data privacy aspects.
He also represents clients in employment law disputes in court and in arbitration proceedings.
Thomas regularly publishes articles on employment law aspects and is a lecturer at the Governance Academy.
Before joining McDermott, he worked for an international law firm in Düsseldorf and New York.
- A listed group of companies in the internet services & telecommunications sector on the implementation of executive compensation systems and the restructuring of variable compensation schemes as well as on corporate governance issues
- An international listed group of companies on all HR issues of their German operational companies
- An international listed retail company on the closure of a chain of stores in Germany
- The supervisory board of an automotive repair shop group with over 10,000 employees during an out-of-court restructuring process
- An automotive supplier with over 1,000 employees during a restructuring process.
- The Legal 500 Deutschland 2023: Recommended for Employment Law (“Extremely professional and technically excellent service. Extremely short response times. Promises are definitely kept or exceeded.”).
- The Legal 500 EMEA/Germany 2022: Recommended for Employment