Christian Krohs advises clients on all aspects of antitrust and competition law, including antitrust litigation, as well as compliance matters.
Christian has extensive experience in all areas of EU and German antitrust and competition law, particularly in relation to cartel investigations, cartel damages claims, abuse of dominance proceedings and both national and international merger control projects. He has also advised numerous clients regarding antitrust and anticorruption compliance as well as internal investigations.
Christian is an experienced lawyer who has spent many years in the antitrust and competition law department of a prominent international law firm in Germany, Brussels and London, and headed the antitrust and merger control practice group of another international law firm. He is a well-respected author of several publications and continues to comment on relevant topics of antitrust and competition law.
- Advised long-term, multinational cartel investigations and proceedings, concerning, inter alia, electrical equipment, natural resources, natural gas, civil engineering, and food and consumer goods
- Advised large, multinational co-operation projects among competitors, including the organization and management of complex economic analyses regarding efficiencies and synergies
- Advised on merger controls, in connection with numerous significant mergers such as Coop/REWE/CORE, Aryzta/Klemme, RWE/Essent and Siemens/Dade Behring
- Advised on a number of landmark cases in the energy sector, including long-term dominance abuse proceedings before the European Commission and providing defense against the Commission’s “breach of seal” investigations
- Advised on numerous compliance management projects for enterprises in the natural resources, food, retail trade, electrical/medical equipment, information technology (IT) and media sectors, among others
- Advised numerous clients on antitrust and anticorruption compliance as well as internal investigations
- Handelsblatt/Best Lawyers™ 2021, 2022 and 2023 Germany: Leading Lawyer for Competition / Antitrust Law
- Member of the German Studienvereinigung Kartellrecht (German Antitrust Experts Association)