Max Küttner focuses his practice on antitrust law and foreign direct investment rules, advising on national and cross-border cartel investigations, distribution models, compliance and obtaining merger clearance from EU and national European regulatory authorities.
Through his work, Max Küttner has gained invaluable experience in various industries, including healthcare, defense, logistics, FMCG, engineering, fashion, aluminum, telecommunication, software and transportation.
Prior to joining McDermott, Max worked at the UK Competition & Markets Authority dealing with merger cases across a range of sectors. Max has also worked at international law firms in Germany, Belgium and the UK on antitrust and FDI matters.
- Advising a multi-national logistics provider on its partnership with other logistics providers across Europe
- Advising a Korean smartphone manufacturer on R&D agreements with competitors
- Representing claimants in cartel follow-on damages actions in Germany
- Compliance (e-)workshops with an international FMCG manufacturer
- Advising a biotech company on the UK National Security Investment Act
- Legal 500 UK: Recognized as a notable EU and competition law practitioner
Free University Berlin, MBL, 2011
University of Surrey, LLB (English and German Law), 2010
England and Wales