Sabine Naugès counsels clients on all aspects of public law, including administrative and regulatory, competition and constitutional law. Among other high-profile clients, Sabine has advised telecommunications companies France Télécom and Orange on regulatory matters in cases before administrative and commercial courts, and before EU and French competition authorities. She also regularly represents major companies with interests in a wide range of industries, including aerospace, energy, oil and gas, and public health care, before the French government and in litigation, in a range of regulatory and administrative matters.
Sabine has taught administrative, regulatory and energy law at the University of Paris I Panthéon-Sorbonne, and she teaches petroleum and mining law in the framework of the energy law program of the same university. Sabine has served for three years as in-house counsel in a major, publicly owned company.
Sabine was written numerous articles for French administrative law reviews. She co-authored the Concurrence, Régulation et Secteur Public (Antitrust, Regulation and Public Sector) chapter of the Contrats, Concurrences, Consommation (Contracts, Antitrust and Consumption) Law Review.
- Advised a French multinational telecommunications company on regulatory projects relating to the development and access to the fiber optic network and in connection with the renewal of their mobile license, as well as in connection with several disputes before the European Commission concerning state aid
- Advised one of the largest independent oil companies in Europe in an International Centre for Settlement of Investment Disputes (CIRDI) arbitration against the Tunisian government relating to an offshore oil concession and also in an arbitration case against the French government
- Advised a leading manufacturer of medical devices and its core business brands on anti-bribery, regulatory compliance and export control issues
- Advised a French company on its acquisition of an company specialized in e-health applications
- Advised several operators in the energy, telecommunications or health care industry on litigations relating to public tenders
- The Best Lawyers in France 2023
- The Legal 500 EMEA 2022
- Chambers Europe 2022
University of Paris I Panthéon-Sorbonne, Master’s Degree, Public Law, 1996
University of Paris I Panthéon-Sorbonne, Master’s Degree (DEA), Public Law, 1997
University of Paris I Panthéon-Sorbonne, PhD, Public Law, 2001
American University – Washington College of Law, LLM, Law and Government, 2005