The Illinois Telehealth Law Forum is a three-part series examining the telehealth landscape in Illinois and the broader Midwest. Each of the three forums will provide excellent educational and networking opportunities for anyone interested or engaged in telehealth. The first forum included interactive panel discussions on the current legal and regulatory environment, reimbursement trends and opportunities, and telemedicine delivery and business models - with particular attention paid to the concerns of the healthcare provider community. The second and third forums will build on these prior discussions and will address other emerging topics with enhanced focus on the perspectives of public and private payers, and telehealth entrepreneurs and service providers.
The agenda for the September 13th event will include:
- Key Legal and Practical Considerations for Telehealth Companies
- Case Studies: What does it take to Build and Operate a Successful Telehealth Company?
- Telehealth Company Partnership Opportunities and Strategies
- Maintaining Professional Practice Standards in Telemedicine
- Deployment of Mobile Apps, Wearables, and other Mobile Technologies to Engage Patients and Improve Health, and Associated Ethical Issues
If you have any questions please contact Nancy Kaszak, Director of Illinois Telehealth Law Initiative, at telehealth broadbandillinois.org or (217) 886-4228, or Lisa Schmitz Mazur, Partner, McDermott, Will & Emery LLP and Chair of Telehealth Law Forum Program Committee, at lmazur mwe.com.