International law firm McDermott Will & Emery represented Gemspring Capital Management, LLC, a Connecticut-based private equity firm, in its majority interest acquisition of AINS, a leading global provider of cloud-based, adaptive case management platforms and solutions for government and commercial markets.
- The transaction was announced on November 8, 2021.
- McDermott acted as legal counsel for Gemspring.
- McDermott also handled the negotiation, documentation and execution of a senior secured credit facility with MS Private Credit Administrative Services, LLC, a Morgan Stanley affiliate, as the administrative agent and City National Bank, N.A., as revolving agent, provided to AINS in connection with the acquisition.
- The McDermott team was led by Frank Steinherr, Lindsey Reighard, Daniel Layfield, Emily Jewell and Matthew Stern and included Alex Ruiz, Kevin Hall, Emily Mussio, Jed Gordon, Sarah Engle, Carol Spink, Dawn Peacock, Nick Paul, Philip Fitzpatrick, Scott Weinstein, Stacey Callaghan, James Kim, Llewelyn Engel, Vanessa Barmack, Daphne Trotter, Colin Stalter and Scott Regan. The McDermott finance team included Anh Lee, Riley Orloff, Max Brady, Libby Jacobson and Robin Riley.
- Read Gemspring’s press release here.
McDermott’s private equity practice is among the top four most active PE law firms globally and in the US with more than 160 dedicated private equity lawyers in 21 locations globally. In addition to being Pitchbook’s top Healthcare PE firm for a fourth consecutive year and fifth in both IT and financial services private equity, we are named Energy & Industrials Law Firm of the Year (Large Cap) by The Deal, Top 10 in PE Buyouts by MergerMarket and Top 10 in US Mid-Market by Bloomberg. Learn more about our PE practice by visiting mwe.com/pe.
McDermott Will & Emery partners with leaders around the world to fuel missions, knock down barriers and shape markets. Our team works seamlessly across practices, industries and more than 20 locations to deliver highly effective—and often unexpected—solutions that propel success. More than 1,200 lawyers strong, we bring our personal passion and legal prowess to bear in every matter for our clients and the people they serve.
Kerri Chace+1 617 535 4145