Dr. Christian Rolf advises national and international companies, including strategic and private investors, on all issues of individual and collective labor law. He focuses his practice on employment, labor, civil and commercial law, executive compensation and benefits schemes, as well as compliance advice. He also has extensive experience in employment law-related matters in M&A and private equity transactions, management investment restructuring scenarios and complex business litigation. Another focus includes advising top executives and handling management liability lawsuits.
Christian Rolf provides day-to-day advice and analyzes employment-law aspects of corporate transactions, mergers, carve-outs, restructurings and realignment of businesses and post-deal reorganizations. In addition, he has significant experience in negotiating with works councils and trade unions.
He frequently publishes articles in the business press and on social medial and is a speaker at various conferences.
Prior to joining McDermott, Christian worked at a leading German law firm and was Head of German Employment Law at an international US law firm.
- Gigaset in the realignment of the Gigaset Group
- Hudson’s Bay Company on the acquisition and sale of Galeria Kaufhof*
- Sparda-Datenverarbeitung in the data center outsourcing to T Systems*
*Matter handled prior to joining McDermott
- The Legal 500 Germany 2023: Recommended for Employment Law (“Christian Rolf is an excellent lawyer. He always has his client’s interests in mind – as well as the big picture. As a clever strategist, he always has the right advice at the right time.”).
- Handelsblatt/Best Lawyers™ Germany 2021-2023: Leading Lawyer for Labor and Employment Law
- The Legal 500 EMEA/Germany 2019-2022: Recommended for Employment Law (“Dr. Christian Rolf is an enrichment as a consultant on labor law issues, especially at the interface with corporate law. Clear in the matter and the content management, straightforward in the coordination and communication – he always shows practical solutions as an alternative to legal (im)possibility.”)
- Frankfurt Bar Association
- Society for Data Privacy and Data Security
University of Mannheim, Dr. jur., 2003
Higher Regional Court of Stuttgart, Second State Exam, 2000
Eberhard Karls University of Tubingen, First State Exam, 1997