Steffen Woitz advises German and international clients on intellectual property, antitrust and competition law issues.
He has in-depth litigation experience in all major German courts and assists clients in cross-border disputes and transactions. He represents German and international clients in infringement and other contentious matters relating to trademarks, patents, unfair competition and antitrust law as well as in other commercial law matters. In addition, Steffen is active in the area of cartel damages, having successfully defended clients against cartel damages claims brought by competitors and commercial customers.
Steffen advises clients on cooperation and distribution agreements from a German civil law and an antitrust perspective. He has deep knowledge in the area of competition law compliance. He also advises on a broad range of intellectual property and antitrust issues in connection to national and international mergers & acquisitions.
- A leading South Korean manufacturer of solar modules in cross-border arbitration
- The operators of world-leading and well-known health resorts in a trademark, copyright, and unfair trade law dispute.
- A famous Bavarian brewery in trademark infringement litigation
- An automotive group based in Belgium in several antitrust damages and competition law litigations
- One of Germany’s leading advertising agencies on competition law issues
- Handelsblatt/Best Lawyers™ Germany 2023: Leading Lawyer for Litigation and Intellectual Property Law
- Handelsblatt/Best Lawyers™ Germany 2021-2023: Leading Lawyer for Litigation
- The Legal 500 EMEA/Germany 2021-2022: Recommended for Patent Law
- The Legal 500 EMEA/Germany 2021: Recommended for Dispute Resolution
- AmCham Germany NextGen
Court of Appeal, Berlin, Second State Exam, 2005
Victoria University of Wellington, LL.M., 2002
Free University of Berlin, First State Exam, 2001