Dr. Claus Färber represents clients on all legal matters related to the telecommunications, media and information technology (IT) industries and has extensive experience advising international clients across industries on European data protection matters.
Claus drafts and negotiates software license agreements, other IT contracts, business process outsourcing agreements and significant procurement agreements in the telecommunications, ecommerce and IT industry, and assists with significant litigation in these industries. These projects often break new ground from a technological, commercial and legal perspective and regularly touch multiple sectors of the law, including telecommunications, IT, intellectual property and data protection law, and also require an understanding of the economic and technological background. His transactional experience includes major cooperation and framework agreements, such as internet access in aircraft, Wi-Fi hotspots, roaming, cloud platforms and machine-to-machine communications (M2M).
Claus also regularly advises life sciences companies, colleges and universities, academic medical centers and other organizations collecting and processing personal health data regarding compliance with the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and German data protection law, including applicability to companies established outside the European Union and requirements for the international transfer of personal data to the U.S.
- Drafting a framework agreement between a leading European telecommunications group and major German book distributors, establishing a common e-book platform
- Drafting and negotiating of the framework agreement between a leading European telecommunications group and a Wi-Fi hotspot operator, establishing a joint Wi-Fi network in Germany and further European countries
- Drafting agreements for international cooperation in the area of machine-to-machine communications and embedded subscriber identity module cards (e-SIMs) for a leading European telecommunications group
- Drafting Wi-Fi roaming agreements for a leading European telecommunications group
- Advising a leading European telecommunications group with regard to agreements with suppliers of internet protocol TV (IPTV) platforms
- Negotiating agreements between a German TV station and a major German TV network regarding a “window” program, and drafting content licensing agreements
- Advising multiple telecommunication operators with regard to standard terms and conditions and requirements under consumer protection legislation
- Advising a real estate company in trademark matters related to the purchase of high-profile department stores
- The Legal 500 EMEA 2019
- Bar Association of Munich (Rechtsanwaltskammer München)