International law firm McDermott Will & Emery represented Wellspring Capital Management LLC, a New York-based private equity firm, in connection with its acquisition of Pentec Health Inc., an industry leader in providing patient-specific, compounded sterile medications.
- This transaction was announced on October 11, 2021.
- McDermott Will & Emery acted as legal counsel to Wellspring Capital Management.
- The firm’s representation also included acquisition financing in a revolving loan commitment with Twin Brook Capital Partners, LLC as Agent, Sole Lead Arranger and Sole Bookrunner.
- The McDermott corporate team was led by Wellspring relationship partner Frank Steinherr and James Parry and included Nate Wolfe, Ana Koff and Jordan Wampler. The McDermott health team was led by Karen Gibbs, and Sandy DiVarco. McDermott team also included Daniel Zucker, Jed Gordon, Michelle Strowhiro, Scott Regan, Vanessa Barmack, Sarah Engle, Dawn Helak, Greg Heltzer, Kate McDonald, Carolyn Metnick, David Saunders, Daphne Trotter, Judith Wethall, Evelyn Atwater, Stacey Callaghan, Avery Cummings, Matt Evola, Dexter Golinghorst, Jayda Greco, Jennifer Hill, Graham Hyman, Elaine Kao, Marika Miller, Emily Palmer, Leigh Ratino and Stephania Sanon. The McDermott finance team was led by Anh Lee and Jared Bryant and included Andrea Ruiz, Darren Yang and Robin Riley.
- McDermott has previously represented Wellspring in several transactions including most recently the acquisition of HealthPRO Heritage; acquisition of Cadence Petroleum Group; sale of its portfolio company Help At Home LLC to Centerbridge Partners; acquisitions by its portfolio company Center For Diagnostic Imaging (dba RAYus, Inc.) of Sand Lake Imaging, U.S. MRI, and Smart Choice MRI, respectively; acquisition of Paragon Films; acquisition of Lucky Strike Entertainment LLC; and acquisition of Center For Diagnostic Imaging (dba RAYus, Inc.).
- Read Pentec’s press release here.
McDermott’s private equity practice is among the top four most active PE law firms globally and in the US with more than 160 dedicated private equity lawyers in 21 locations globally. In addition to being Pitchbook’s top Healthcare PE firm for a fourth consecutive year and fifth in both IT and financial services private equity, we are named Energy & Industrials Law Firm of the Year (Large Cap) by The Deal, Top 10 in PE Buyouts by MergerMarket and Top 10 in US Mid-Market by Bloomberg. Learn more about our PE practice by visiting mwe.com/pe.
McDermott Will & Emery partners with leaders around the world to fuel missions, knock down barriers and shape markets. Our team works seamlessly across practices, industries and more than 20 locations to deliver highly effective—and often unexpected—solutions that propel success. More than 1,200 lawyers strong, we bring our personal passion and legal prowess to bear in every matter for our clients and the people they serve.
Kerri Chace+1 617 535 4145