McDermott Will & Emery has been acknowledged in Chambers Europe 2020 for its sharp focus on delivering the best results for its domestic and international clients and its ability to advise clients on the most complex cross-border transactions. This year’s edition comprised 11 practice area rankings and a total of 25 individual lawyer recognitions across all of McDermott’s European offices.
McDermott received excellent feedback across the board in Chambers Europe, with clients stating, “If there is anything you need, they will make sure they put together the resources. They are a global firm and you feel that any matters you have can be tackled,” adding: “They have the ability to find creative solutions when different parties at the table have adverse interest.”
In summary, McDermott has maintained its strong Band 1 rankings in Germany: Corporate M&A and Germany: Healthcare and moved up in rankings in Italy: Tax to Band 3 and Germany: Restructuring/ Insolvency to Band 4 from an entry level of ‘recognized practitioner’. The Firm’s two top-ranked lawyers Stephan Rau – Germany: Healthcare and Emmanuelle Trombe – France: Pharma/Life Sciences have also preserved their Band 1 rankings for the second consecutive year.
Notable practice area rankings include:
- Germany: Corporate/M&A-mid-market
- Germany: Healthcare
- Germany: TMT
- France: Pharma/Life Sciences
- Germany: Real Estate
- Italy: Tax
Twenty-four individual McDermott lawyers were also ranked, including several high-level positions:
- Stephan Rau(Germany), Healthcare
- Emmanuelle Trombe(France), Pharma/Life Sciences
- Carole Degonse (France), Private Equity
- Henri Pieyre de Mandiargues (France), Private Equity: Buyouts
- Jens Ortmanns (France), Real Estate
- Wolfgang von Frentz (Germany), TMT Media
- Ralf Weisser (Germany), TMT Media
- Emidio Cacciapuoti (Italy), Private Equity
- Giancarlo Castorino (Italy), Real Estate Finance
- Timothée Gagnepain (France), Restructuring/Insolvency
- Matthias Kampshoff (Germany), Restructuring/Insolvency
- Dirk Pohl (Germany), Tax
- Andrea Tempestini (Italy), Tax
- Carlo Paolella (Italy), Tax
Additional lawyers recognized include:
- Grégoire Andrieux (France)
- Rüdiger Herrmann (France)
- Uwe Goetker (Germany)
- Jana Grieb (Germany)
- Stephan Rau (Germany)
- Nikolaus von Jacobs (Germany)
- Christian von Sydow (Germany)
- Stefano Mechelli (Italy)
- Ettore Scandale (Italy)
- Hamid Yunis (United Kingdom)
Chambers Europe ranks those firms and individuals who are performing at the top of the market, with a particular emphasis on those which are carrying out important cross-border and multi-jurisdictional work. It features Europe-wide tables, as well as country-specific sections. The rankings are based on a combination of research and client feedback, with assessments made on technical legal ability, professional conduct, client service, commercial astuteness, diligence and commitment.
To view the full results in this year’s guide please visit Chambers Europe 2020.
McDermott Will & Emery partners with leaders around the world to fuel missions, knock down barriers and shape markets. With more than 20 locations on three continents, our team works seamlessly across practices, industries and geographies to deliver highly effective—and often unexpected—solutions that propel success. More than 1,100 lawyers strong, we bring our personal passion and legal prowess to bear in every matter for our clients and the people they serve.
Ibrahim Kamara+44 20 7577 6984
Erin West+1 202 756 8135