International law firm McDermott Will & Emery has again achieved a strong set of rankings in Chambers Europe 2021 edition. This year’s results included 10 practice rankings with 25 lawyers recognised across McDermott’s European offices.
European teams were praised for strong client-orientated service, deep understanding of clients’ positions and advocating for our clients’ interests. The Firm was noted to offer creative solutions, provide time-critical advice and expert industry know-how. Lawyers were applauded for being “sharp,” “very knowledgeable,” “uncompromisingly committed,” “technically flawless,” “competent and easy to reach,” and for offering high “work ethic standards.”
Notable practice area rankings include:
- Germany Corporate M&A: Mid-Market
- Germany: Healthcare
- France: Pharma Life Sciences
- Germany: Real Estate
- Germany: TMT Media
- Italy: Tax
Twenty-five individual McDermott lawyers were also ranked.
- Hendrik Viaene – Band 2 in Competition/EU Law: State Aid and
Band 3 in Competition: Domestic.
- Grégoire Andrieux – Band 3, in Private Equity: Mid-market
- Timothée Gagnepain – Band 3 in Restructuring/Insolvency
- Guillaume Kellner – Band 5, in Corporate/M&A: Mid-market
- Henri Pieyre de Mandiargues – Band 2 in France: Private Equity: Buyouts
- Pierre-Arnoux Mayoly – Up and Coming, in Banking & Finance
- Emmanuelle Trombe – Band 1 in France: Pharma/Life Sciences
- Arne Fuchs Band 3 in Dispute Resolution: Most in Demand Arbitrators
- Uwe Goetker – Band 4 in Restructuring/Insolvency
- Jana Grieb – Band 4 in Healthcare and Life Sciences
- Matthias Kampshoff – Band 3 in Restructuring/Insolvency
- Jens Ortmanns – Band 2 in Real Estate
- Dirk Pohl – Band 3 in Tax
- Stephan Rau – Band 1 in Healthcare
- Wolfgang von Frentz – Band 2 in TMT Media
- Nikolaus von Jacobs – Band 5 in Private Equity
- Christian von Sydow – Band 5 in Corporate/M&A mid-market
- Ralf Weisser – Band 2 in TMT Media
- Emidio Cacciapuoti – Band 2 in Private Equity: Fund Formation and Band 4 in Tax
- Giancarlo Castorino – Band 2 in Real Estate Finance and Band 5 in Banking & Finance
- Stefano Mechelli – Band 4 in Dispute Resolution
- Carlo Paolella – Band 3 in Tax
- Andrea Tempestini – Band 3 in Tax
- Hamid Yunis – Spotlight Table in Banking & Finance: Islamic Finance
Chambers Europe ranks the leading lawyers and law firms across Europe. Our legal rankings are based on in-depth analysis and research, conducted by our experienced team of researchers. For more information on our methodology and insights into our submissions process. To view the full Chambers Europe 2021 rankings click here.
McDermott Will & Emery partners with leaders around the world to fuel missions, knock down barriers and shape markets. Our team works seamlessly across practices and industries to deliver highly effective—and often unexpected—solutions that propel success. More than 1,200 lawyers strong, we bring our personal passion and legal prowess to bear in every matter for our clients and the people they serve.
Marc DonFrancesco+44 20 7577 3432